Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Diary of preg woman cont...

I woke up on Sunday and my feet were huge!

When I arrived I showed them to a couple of male elders - who i foolishly consider to be supportive friends.
One, with very little hair, looked sympathetically but couldn't hide the smile that was growing across his face. The other, not much older than the first and with a little more hair, said my feet were like that of a hobit and all i needed was to draw some hair on them to complete the look!

On a serious note - swelling of feet, hands and face is a symptom of a condition called pre eclampsia. So the midwife came round on Sunday afternoon and measured my Blood Pressure and took a urine sample to check for protein. They were both fine - so that's good.

The next day I couldn't get any of my shoes on!
Today I wokeup and my fingers were like fat sausages so I've been checked be the midwife again - this time I have a little protein in my urine. So She wants to see me in the morning and on Friday and Monday.
The last time I was pregnant I saw my midwife every four weeks - this time I'm seeing my midwife four times a week. Go figure!

Roll on the next few weeks that's what I say!
To everyone who's praying - I love you guys!

2 Comments:

At 4:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww I'm loved by you coz have been praying.

It wont be much longer now. *goes to figure*

 
At 8:15 pm, Blogger KT said...

Hey gorgeous!

Poor you - swollen feet is rotten

Am praying - it's good to be loved

XXX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home